Trio feedback invites composers to present their ideas and their vision for a new composition for sax, accordeon and doublebass. A reading pannel will select some of these composers for a commission of a new piece and further collaborations. The new commissions will be performed during Mostra Sonora Sueca in spring 2023.
I ARTSOM MUSICAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION
The Associación Activa la idea, with the collaboration of the Excm. Ajuntament de Sueca, propose the I ARTSOM musical composition competition.
– Commission of an original piece of new creation, and that has not been premiered, between 7 and 12 minutes long.
– It will be written for the formation of the Feedback Trio (accordion, saxophone and double bass) and will be premiered at the 19th MOSTRA SONORA, which will take place in Sueca from June 1 to 4, 2023.
– The piece will be written for Feedback Trio composed of accordion, double bass and saxophone (in this last instrument its use is restricted to any of these four types: soprano, alto, tenor or baritone).
– It will also be possible to include the use of audiovisual processes (electronics, images, etc.) and new technologies, but all this must be previously discussed and agreed with Feedback Trio, as well as with the organization of the festival.
– The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work virtually and in person with the performers of the Trio Feedback.
– The face-to-face rehearsals will be in the town of Sueca the days before the official premiere at the 19th Mostra Sonora (from June 1 to 4, exact date to be determined). In any case, accommodation and stay expenses will be payed by the candidate.
The selected person will have as compensation of €1,000, intended as a fee for a commission for a newly created musical work, taxes included.
Open to any composer of any nationality and with no age limit. The selection will be made by reading, listening and evaluating the materials sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details are available at web pages: